Property & Casualty Insurance

Property and casualty insurance can help pay costs that you’re legally responsible for, up to your policy limits.

Property and casualty insurance is actually an umbrella term which includes many forms of insurance. Homeowners insurance is one type of property and casualty product, as is renters insurance, auto insurance, and powersports insurance. The term property & casualty insurance typically contains two primary coverage types: property protection & liability coverage.

As it relates to a homeowners insurance policy, property and casualty insurance may cover your belongings and/or another individual’s expenses in the aftermath of an accident occurring from the result of your negligence. For instance, if a guest suffers an injury in your home as a result of your negligence, property & casualty can cover their medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of income. Negligence would come into play if, for instance, you have put off repairing broken stairs in your home and your guest is injured on these stairs as a result. Property and casualty insurance may also help cover legal fees in the event you are sued by that individual. However, property and casualty insurance can also cover losses relating to your home and belongings in the event of a covered accident.

Reach out to us to find out what coverage and policy limits are right for you!